Hi Thomas, *

Thomas Krumbein schrieb:
Hey Bernhard,

not shure, if you really understood the problem:

It is not the color RGB (24,136,3) - this is the same value in Adobe CS
by opening Logo-File (png, jpg or svg).

You twisted the numbers: Green is 163, not 136

Oh - that's different to what I read from your attachment:

"Color picked from Logo
HEX 25A22D
RGB 37 162 45
CMYK 79 0 100 0 "

These values are just wrong.

But again, RGB is not for printing! Real world uses CMYK Colors.
So, when I change to the RGB Color to CMYK, value is: 79,0,100,0 in
Adobe CS.

IIRC you wrote in one of your mails that you agreed to Christoph that RGB (24,163,3) is equivalent to CMYK (85,0,98,36).

And in attachment you state that RGB (37,162,45) turns to the CMYK values you describe now as equivalent to RGB (24,163,3).

Your branding-color table calls CMYK (85,0,98,36), which is real darker
then the RGB color!

Did you try to print it?

I don't know the algorithms linking RGB (24,136,3) to CMYK (85,0,98,36) but this relation is used in Inkscape and on various sites in Internet.

http://web.forret.com/tools/color.asp?R=24&G=163&B=3
CMYK 0,853 / 0,000 / 0,982 / 0,361
for example.

You understand the missmatch? I can use your CMYK (85,0,98,36) or I can
use your RGB, which is CMYK (79,0,100,0). Both are different!

Our RGB is CMYK (85,0,98,36)!

A CMYK color consisting only of 79% Cyan added to 100% Yellow must be way too light! It is converted to RGB (54,255,0).

Even the conversion from RGB (24,163,3) to CMY (replacing the Black component by equivalent parts of the three other colors) turns out to have 91% Cyan, 36% Magenta and 99% Yellow. [same link as above]

My personal opinion: I will use CMYK (79,0,100,0), which appears nearer
to the green in Web :-)

No, please use CMYK (85,0,98,36)!

Even if this is darker on your screen (I experienced broad differences among screens - especially between TFT and CRT monitors), it is better to have the "really printed" material consistent among each other than with a monitor representation.

Perhaps it is an Adobe Illustrator Bug - or an automatic attempt to reduce the Black part in the CMYK. But if you mix Cyan and 100% Yellow without any part of Magenta or Black the resulting color must be too light IMHO.

Please try to print a sample of CMYK (85,0,98,36). Only if the latter will not print in an appropriate color, we need to modify the Branding colors at the wiki.

Another possible solution would be to ask your printer's shop to convert RGB (24,163,3) to CMYK and give you the values.

If this result is far away from our values (which I can't believe based on the web search I did), we'll have to change our color.

We still need a spot color representation (at least for our main Green), but i don't possess any Pantone Filter, so i can't look for the best matching Pantone color.

But this is a different question at the moment, so I'd like to postpone this topic a bit.

Best regards

Bernhard