Hi all,

Bernhard Dippold schrieb:
Hi David,

David Nelson schrieb:
Hi, :-)

https://www.libreoffice.org/get-involved/designers/

needs some more convincing explanations and arguments to attract
graphic/UX/UI designers than "We need designers" :-D

I saw this page and marked it already to work on during my rail travel
tomorrow (more than 8 hours...)
[...]

I will not have Internet access tomorrow, so I won't be able to upload
any content before I'm at home again.

But I'll try to draft some content and upload it later...

Thanks for putting Christoph's proposal up!

Nevertheless I spent some time during my trip, so I want to share the result with you.

Perhaps one or another phrase would be reasonable to integrate...

(The present text looks quite UX focused to me)

--- very simple HTML content ---

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd";>

<head>
<h2>Make it just work, and look great, too!</h2>
</head>

Design provides the visual basis for any tool. In addition to the factual content
it is able to transport usability, quality and emotions.

Using LibreOffice people shall be able to turn their ideas into documents by creating, editing and sharing any kind of information. With the feature-rich office suite this doesn't need to be complicated. We want to provide our users with an application that fulfills their
needs in an easy and joyful way: Make it just work, and look great, too!

The LibreOffice Design Team dedicates it's skills and creativity to improving LibreOffice by visual means, inside the office suite, in user interaction and at any place where the
product or the community behind it is visible in public.

Our team consists of professionals and ambitious amateurs in several areas. If you're interested in any of the following topics and want to share and improve your knowledge by
working collaboratively in an active and friendly team, don't hesitate to

<ul>
<li>
<strong>User Experience</strong>: User Experience (short:UX) considers the user's point-of-view even before and also during the use of LibreOffice. It aims for productivity, usability and enjoyment and targets
both the website and the software.
Share your interest in or available knowledge concerning research, design
and evaluation methods with us, provide us with insight from user support and training to identify
essential requirements and important areas for improvement.
If you're interested in looking beyond your personal surroundings and directly related target groups,
this is the place you are looking for...
<li>
<strong>Visual Identity Design</strong>: Visual identity design is about creating stunning artwork for every place, where LibreOffice is represented by visual means: inside the LibreOffice suite, on the website, by documentation and marketing material. Wherever people notice LibreOffice, they should recognize it by our qualitative and consistent artwork and graphics - our branding.
If you want your artwork to become part of our visual branding language, if you are interested in working collaboratively on the graphics representing our whole community - join us and have fun!
<li>
<strong>Accessibility:</strong> Accessibility is about to make the software usable for everyone - people with and without disabilities. It considers applicable laws and required technologies to achieve this challenging goal. Tight interaction between users and developers is needed here even more than in other topics.
Interest and experience in this important area are very valuable. Share them with us!
</ul>

Consequently, if you want to work on improvements that target both the
community and the our large end-user base, then the Design Team is the
right place for you.
If you want to know more, please visit the <a href=http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Design> Design Team wiki page</a>.