Hi Design team members, all!

I just wanted to ask whether somebody kindly picked the topic mentioned
below ... maybe I missed that. As far as I know, it would a tiny but
helpful improvement.

cheers,
Christoph

Am Donnerstag, den 02.12.2010, 00:40 +0100 schrieb Christoph Noack:
Hi all!

I forward this request to the LibreOffice Design Team, okay?

Guys, Kohei asks for two icons to improve the current behavior of the
status bar. More detailed, it is about the little "Document Modified"
icon that appears if ... hard to guess ... a document has been modified
and is not yet saved.

There are some issues that might be resolved by having the current
indication (that looks a bit too frightening, having a red exclamation
mark ...) look like:
      * Document unchanged: Very (!) subtle document icon
      * Document changed: Subtle document icon having a kind of yellow
        star to indicate something is "new"

Details below ...

It would be great if somebody could pick that up and either publish it
in our wiki (suggestion: in your user page), or directly send it to the
developers mailing list for review. Thanks in advance! :-)

Maybe large parts of the discussion took place on the "wrong" mailing
list, so you'll find the request by Kohei below (and a link to some
initial design drafts). Some more hints:

      * My original comments concerning (also other parts of the) status
        bar can be found here. It also contains the rationale to come up
        with the document style icons:
        http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/libreoffice/2010-November/003712.html

      * Kohei also sent the current files (one being empty, but this
        should be changed, of course):
        http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/libreoffice/2010-December/003777.html

      * The design of the currently used "Zoom slider icons" (by Stella)
        is available here for inspiration (to get an idea about the size
        and the currently used style):
        http://ui.openoffice.org/VisualDesign/OOo_icons_zoomslider.html#iconszoom

Concerning the latter - the challenge is to create icons that
communicate the "status information only" character. There is nothing
executed in contrast to the zoom slider icons being also located in the
status bar (please don't ask why it then is still called a status bar
*g*).

Thanks a lot in advance!

Cheers,
Christoph