On 28/11/10 10:02, Bernhard Dippold wrote:
Hi Andrew, *

I didn't find a mail on this list you replied to - can you tell me where
the "RE:" comes from?

RE: - Regarding, I put it there myself, it wasn't a reply :)

I added the [UX] tag to the subject - allowing team members specifically
interested in this area to find such postings more easily.

Cool, I shall do this in the future

Thanks for the proposal - while I really appreciated this feature
several times, I never felt comfortable with the visual and design approach.

Your mockup claims that all documents can be restored - this would be
ideal, but I think it is not realistic (in some cases not to the last
modifications, sometimes not at all ?)

All my mockups claims is that if a document can be restored, it should
be in the list. If it cannot, it should not be in the list. I think this
is a fair assumption.

I don't know about the code side of things, but it would be useful to
know about whether recovery could actually fail, in which case the
design would have to change, however the behaviour in the mockup is the
*ideal* situation.

The wording should reflect this:

"Information about the documents open when LibreOffice crashed have been
stored. Select the documents you want to be restored using this data
from the list below:"

I have to disagree with you on this, that is very confusing, and not
clear/succinct as the wording in the mockup. I don't think it adds
anything over what I have in the mockup.

(I don't mean offence by this, especially if English is not your native
language.)

If we set up a crash reporter one day, it should be re-implemented in
this screen.

I think about a check-box below the progress bar, checked or unchecked
depending on a entry in Tools - Options.

Sure I agree with you on this, it would be easy to add this in.

A text field and a button would appear at the side of the check-box, if
it is selected, where the text field should ask for the last action
before the crash and the buttons opens a editor window (input box?)
containing all the information sent to us.

I think maybe a separate screen would be more appropriate, depending on
the quantity of pieces of data needed.

At the moment I don't have the time for following this topic more
intensive (probably after LibO 3.3 release), and others will probably
have the same (time) problem.

So please misinterpret no feedback as negative - we'll probably follow
up later...

OK, sure. :)

--
Andrew