On Mon, Nov 22, 2010 at 6:34 PM, Ivan M. <ivanm@patentpending.co.nz> wrote:
I think it's far too early to be having this discussion. The
silverstripe site is still under construction and you're already
hinting at a final design for the Drupal site - my head's spinning.

The design for the Drupal site is important sooner rather than later.
A lot of the system interaction relies on placement of functional
element blocks within the site.
Although it may seem like a long way off, the Drupal site development
at the moment is at the maturity of most of the OOo distributed
systems (with some exceptions which we are working on) and we are
constructing the tooling for each individual community team while
creating new systems such as an 'Idea Brainstorm'.

Yes, the site is coming along quickly, but there are still a lot of
amazing new tools that we are in the process of creating.

AFAIK, the main focus of the Drupal group is to implement a functional
instance that will be able to replace the Silverstripe install

The focus of the Drupal group is to create a united community where
communications, discussions, decisions and ideas are centralised. The
Silverstripe site, although rapidly deployed has very little community
functionality and is reliant on the wiki and mailing lists for all
community interaction. The Drupal implementation aims to 'upgrade' and
'combine' all of these communication methods to reduce chaos,
coordinate teams, encourage input and allow easier implementation of
ideas through workflows and resource pooling.

To pose a question directly to what you are implying: Is it ok if we
progress with the Drupal site with the aforementioned theme, which can
be modified later as we are approaching the launch early next year?

Thanks,
Michael Wheatland