On 05/04/2018 10:43 PM, V Stuart Foote wrote:

VFO/Freedom Scientific's refusal to support accessible events instrumented
with IA2 API has never made much sense to me personally, but their

VFO is more interested in collecting royalties on its patents, than it
is in providing working products. _Enhanced Vision_ "joined" FVO in
February.

For any JAWS user on Windows--LibreOffice is accessible at no cost, simply install NVDA.

Installing NVDA is a non-starter.
Issue # 1: Where are the trainers?

Whilst this is a chicken/egg question, the simple reality is that the
government agencies that provide a11y tools and solutions, sub-contract
training out, and if they don't have an NVDA trainer in their list of
approved and authorized vendors, they won't provide NVDA.

That FLOSS is destructive to those government agencies, is yet another
reason why they are reluctant to provide FLOSS.

###

There is a Windows 10 S to Pro free conversion for those requiring
accessible assistive software, which gives one an enhanced version of
Narrator. I have no idea what "an enhanced version of Narrator"
provides. I have no idea how well Narrator works with LibO. (FWIW, I
don't do Windows.)

jonathon