[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[libreoffice-accessibility] Between Brno and Brussels
- Subject: [libreoffice-accessibility] Between Brno and Brussels
- From: MENGUAL Jean-Philippe <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Sun, 27 Nov 2016 11:14:46 +0100
- To: "email@example.com" <firstname.lastname@example.org>, email@example.com, jacobo Aragunde Pérez <firstname.lastname@example.org>, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
We could discuss, at LibreCon Brno, the situation of accessibility of
LibreOffice now. I was glad to see that people were interested in
improving it, fixing bugs or adding new features which could make LO a
really novative productivity suite for disabled people (in particular on
Impress or Writer).
Here's a talk where I show the concrete consequences of accessibility
issues (on September), and how anyone could deal with most problems:
Since this, a lot of work has be done by dev and design teams. Many
thanks! I'll test it mainly when 5.3 is released and we will maintain
up-to-date the status of the situation.
We also discussed the opportunity to introduce automated tests, eg. in
continuous integration process, to avoid
the easiest accessibility bugs. For example, a target in Makefile could
test shat, in GTK widgets (parsing xml files generated by Glade), all
labels are filled. It's one of the conditions to make it accessible later.
I plan to discuss this for next FOSDEM conference in Brussels. If
someone is interested in working on it with me, don't hesitate. I'm not
a technician, but I can help if needed testing, doing feedback, or
whatever. Once this tool would be integrated, we can think of the
following steps to ensure more a11y still.
Any feedback is welcome. Many thanks again to LO community for this
work! And I hope I'll help with QA tests, better than I have done so far
due to lack of time since Brno.
HYPRA, progressons ensemble
Tél.: 01 84 73 06 61
Site Web: http://hypra.fr
To unsubscribe e-mail to: email@example.com
Posting guidelines + more: http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: http://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/accessibility/
All messages sent to this list will be publicly archived and cannot be deleted
- Prev by Date: Re: [libreoffice-accessibility] Accessibility-adaptive software complementing LibreOffice?
- Next by Date: [libreoffice-accessibility] Guideline for navigation
- Previous by thread: [libreoffice-accessibility] Accessibility Support for KDE
- Next by thread: [libreoffice-accessibility] Guideline for navigation