Hello.
I've had a chance to download and install the official 4.3 build and did some testing with the
almost latest edition of the NVDA master branch.  I am still having a great deal of difficulty
successfully navigating in a Calc spreadsheet as I receive little or no speech feedback from the
screen reader as I use arrow keys.  I do not have this problem in Writer, although the "read all"
function seems to stop prematurely after reading a few lines of text and I believe this also occurs
with OpenOffice.  What is very odd is that spreadsheet navigation works perfectly with NVDA with
OpenOffice and I'm under the impression that OO and LO are using the same Iaccessible2 code.
Anyway, I wanted to report this and am wondering if others can verify my findings.
Btw, I've gone into the view menu and disabled all toolbars and have ensured that items like the
sidebar are disabled.  However, I'm open to suggestions as to techniques I could try in order to
improve Calc's accessibility.  Thanks for all you're doing.

David Goldfield
Computer Technology Instructor
919 Walnut Street
4th Floor
Philadelphia, PA  19107

215-627-0600 ext 3277
FAX:  215-922-0692

dgoldfie@asb.org<mailto:dgoldfie@asb.org>
www.asb.org<http://www.asb.org>

Serving Philadelphia's and the nation's blind and visually impaired population since 1874.

 www.asb.org<http://www.facebook.com/pages/Associated-Services-for-the-Blind/234389409941928>
www.asb.org<http://twitter.com/ASBPhiladelphia>