On 06/21/2011 11:01 AM, aqualung wrote:
krackedpress wrote:
Would be interesting to see that, but how many "real world" users would
have both OOo and LibreOffice on the same computer?

Ahem... I am a real-world user, don't I count?

Yes you do,
but I was just wondering how many people would have both installed, since we are trying to get all the OOo users to use LibreOffice.

Many users may wonder why they would need/want two office suites with the same abilities [generally] on their systems. Some will want to try it before removing OOo, but I know of many people who would be very confused about having both on their computers.

I did notice some weird issues when I first tried LibreOffice 3.3.0 with OOo 3.2.x installed on my Ubuntu desktop. So I removed OOo so those weird issues [which I do not remember the specifics except they were printing and loading issues] would not be happening any more.

I gave two reasons in my opening posting, (1) wanting to have one available
when the other fails or suffers from a limitation, and (2) providing support
to another user who only has one of them installed herself or himself.

As I'm a volunteer on a user-to-user support forum for
LibreOffice/OpenOffice/etc., I expect more and more people coming in with
queries will have only LibreOffice, and I want to be able to reproduce their
problems on my machine... provided that I can have both LibO and OOo
installed safely!

Earlier, I was leaning towards filing a bug about this on bugzilla, now I'm
leaning instead to going over to the "Website" mailing list (or Nabble
section, for me) and posting a request to remove that "uninstall OOo first!"
notice/warning from the Release Notes.