Hi :)
I think it would be better if it was easy for people to install LibreOffice
alongside "whatever they use now" so that they can have a choice of using
either.  Then they can keep using "whatever they use now" when they have
short-deadlines or things that need to be rushed through.  That way they can
explore using LO and recommend it to friends and colleagues to try out without
forcing people to commit to something they might be uncertain about.

It already happens with MS Office, just not with OOo, yet.  At least not easily
and predictably.  Most of the time it does work but in maybe 1% of cases, maybe
10%, something goes a bit wonky.

It seems the devs would like this to happen at some point in the future but i
would have expected marketing to be even more keen. The users list is the least
likely list to be able to do anything about it nor to understand the issues so
discussion here is fairly pointless.

Regards from
Tom :)