On 2011-06-10, Cor Nouws wrote:

Hi all,

todd rme wrote (10-06-11 18:05)

So what is the decision on the svg embedding?
Sorry, I've not been able to keep up with this mail discussion. (Still
owe people from last weeks Monday /Tuesday a reply :-\ )
I apologize for making it harder for you to keep up, by adding another
message to the thread! :-)

I had a look some days ago and got the impression that there were
differences between LibreOffice and OpenOffice.org . And maybe some
more things.
I guess there's "some more thing": NoOp could only see the better
embedding in OOo *for Windows*, not in Linux:

,----[NoOp's message of Thu, 09 Jun 2011 10:19:37 -0700]

| On 06/08/2011 03:29 PM, Zak McKracken wrote:
|>  Am 08.06.2011, 19:38 Uhr, schrieb NoOp...
|>>  Which version did you try? I've tried both:
|>>  http://download.openoffice.org/next/other.html#dev2
|>>  and
|>>  http://download.openoffice.org/all_beta.html
|>>  (linux Intel DEB)
|>
|>  The latter one, 3.4 beta1. But I tested it only on Windows XP.
|
| Just tried on WinXP&  it does indeed work there. So their linux version
| has issues. I'll add a note to the bug report.
`----

Maybe the windows version uses some windows-only library, or even
windows built-in features to handle SVG?

What I have been told, is that certain changes for OOO 3.4.0 rc, have
not been implemented in LibreOffice at the moment, but that it is the
intention to do that at a next minor release. So that would be 3.5.0
Integration takes time, so, yes, I'd expect some kind of delay.

Maybe this explains part of the situation (or maybe it even already
has been written by someone ;-) )
It explains.

But I'm curious about the windows-only bit.

Hi. May be the same handling that allows the Mac to show EPSs correctly on screen, from the vector art and not from the preview.
steve