Hi Alex,

Re: Trivia

Much appreciate your open and transparent view. I like down to earth discussion. My (sad)
conclusion is that I have to back off LibO Impress and cannot seriously consider changing
from the shackles of MS. I also think maybe us Impress guinea-pig users are in the minority
and it's only Write & Calc that get the majority of attention.

I do not believe it's unreasonable to request accurate information of product issues and
scheduled fixes.

I think Libo should carry a health warning! Basically stating that you can use LibO at your own
peril and that business users do so entirely at their own risk. In particular LibO Office suite of
programs are not interchangeable with their MS counterpart and their functionality is not
guaranteed.

[rant mode on]

My specific point here is the function in Impress "Interaction - Play Sound"..... on the surface
this looks very similar to MS PP "play-sound" equivalent BUT (a) is completely different (b)
utterly fails if you attempt to convert Impress to Powerpoint and (b) Frequently loses all paths
(links) between icons on screen and associated audio files. (Any potential Impress users
beware!)

[rant mode off]

Had I seen such information prior to attempting to seriously use Impress I could have saved
myself much wasted time and effort. Not to mention the piss-poor quality of  Impress "Help"
documentation.

I also think LibO for Linux and LibO for MS is a world apart.... Linux users are by nature are
more technically capable than your average MS Windows user (of which I am one - shouts of
speak for yourself...).... So if LibO is to ever meet the needs of the "mass market" of which
MS Office is the dominant platform you gotta give us lesser mortals a stable and well
documented product.

"Fatal Blue Screens" and years of MS abuse have taught us MS Office Users how to
seriously bitch. When MS wrecked the old interface to MS -Office by introducing their anal
GUI that's when I turned to Impress out of desperation, (not because it was free),  and hoped
for some normality as I loved its User interface and much of it's functionality.

However as MS Users our hands are tied! If we use "alternative" programs they have to have
interchange compatibility or our business communication is threatened.

I'm now licking my wounds ("open sores" ?) and have reverted to PP 2003 to retain my
sanity.... what else can I do?

Impress - This Product can be hazardous to your health!