On 05/27/2011 09:49 PM, Tom Davies wrote:
Hi :)
Are there Support Contracts available for LibreOffice already?  Any chance of a
link?  I saw one of the tri-folds mentioned about support from Novell but i
thought Novel got bought-out a few months ago.  Are they still around and if so
do they offer paid-for support?
Regards from
Tom :)

They are still around, as far as I can tell.

I say late last month a link, and followed it to Novel and its support options.

Also, for legal stuff, if a company gets bought out the current owner must abide by the contracts made with the company they bought out. So any support contract must be kept going. Otherwise if a company wanted to break a contract, they would just be able to be bought out by a holding company and then break the contracts. This would become a big mess.

I have heard of several companies offering paid support services, but do not remember their names since I cannot afford to pay for support on my limited budget. A $150 printer is a large ticket item for me, so spending another $50 a month for support is not my idea of needed use of my limited income. For companies, that is another story.