[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[libreoffice-users] Re: Converting text to numbers
- Subject: [libreoffice-users] Re: Converting text to numbers
- From: Sndl <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Tue, 07 Dec 2010 15:04:17 +0100
- To: email@example.com
Le 07/12/2010 09:31, Arda Tunccekic a écrit :
Hi ,Imho the easiest way to convert text to numbers or numbers to text is to use Data -> Text to Columns.
I have an auto generated xls file, and I have a column in it, which is
defined as text.
I have numbers in that column, with trailing spaces which look like ;
When I right click to the column, choose "Format Cells" and "Number", it
doesn't convert. I can't use the values in any formula. How can I
convert them to numbers? Is there a "quick convert" feature?
Excel can use those values in formulas, even if I don't convert and with
You select you column (click the column header)
In menu Data -> Text to Columns
At the bottom of the wizard window, you select your column and change type to "Us English" .... And that's all folks !
Usually, this function is used to split one column to many ... but with only one colum it's really useful to make "inplace" type conversion
Unsubscribe instructions: E-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
List archive: http://www.libreoffice.org/lists/users/
*** All posts to this list are publicly archived for eternity ***
|Re: [libreoffice-users] Re: Converting text to numbers||Arda Tunccekic <email@example.com>|
|[libreoffice-users] Converting text to numbers||Arda Tunccekic <firstname.lastname@example.org>|
- Prev by Date: Re: [libreoffice-users] Converting text to numbers
- Next by Date: [libreoffice-users] Re: Converting text to numbers
- Previous by thread: [libreoffice-users] Re: Converting text to numbers
- Next by thread: Re: [libreoffice-users] Re: Converting text to numbers