Hi Robinson,

Le 2015-05-05 11:36, Robinson Tryon a écrit :
Hi all,

I hope that everyone is enjoying these Spring days. It's getting so
warm here in Vermont, it's starting to feel like Summer!

I've been working on improving the LibreOffice Marketing/Conference
Box and I've put some updated information on the wiki page here:
https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Marketing/US/Box

Thanks for doing this and what a great kit!

If you think it would be in our favour to have a Canadian kit, I could take care of the shipping in Canada. I am not sure the kit would make it through the border if shipped from the US as it would certainly be stopped and searched at the border ... we could test it to see how much time it would take to make it over the border.

Still, if there is money to stock a complete kit for Canada, I could help with sending a kit around. Always good to have a fallback as we have to cover such a large geographic area.

If you're representing LibreOffice at a conference and are staffing a
booth, if you have an opportunity to give a presentation at your
university, company, or town meeting, or if you just would like to
have some marketing materials such as stickers, DVDs, or brochures,
please get in touch with me!

THE GOAL: To make sure that you have the tools and materials you need
to showcase LibreOffice to people in the US and Canada and to help
build-up our community.

For any event, it's great to get some feedback about the
Who/What/Where/When. Creating Event pages on the wiki is one of the
best ways for us to keep track of this information. Here's an example
of the Event page I created for the 2015 Southern California Linux
Expo:
https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Events/2015/SCALE

If you have any questions about running events, creating Event pages
on the wiki, etc., please do let me know!

All the best,
--R

Good news! I just presented at our local KWLUG (Kitchener-Waterloo), and I already have 5 devs interested in participating in a bugfest. I will try to organize a bugfest in our area and see how many devs would be interested. I suspect that our local University of Waterloo and our local high tech businesses would have some other devs who would also be interested in a LibreOffice bugfest.

We should try to coordinate some dates with US conferences so that you and someone else from TDF/LibreOffice overseas could pop by and help out. This would be our first local LibreOffice event and could cause a bit of buzz in the area.

I'll see if I could also find a couple of sponsors for the event.

We should talk about this at some point.

Cheers,

Marc

--
Marc Paré