On Thu, 2011-05-05 at 10:19 -0400, drew wrote:
On Thu, 2011-05-05 at 15:32 +0300, sophie wrote:

<snip>

 I already gave my opinion on this topic to
Daniel and Daniel, so they know that I'm all for their action.
I'm the one battling the most I think for the language groups to be the
only official representation in the project,

Hi Sophie, others

Alright - this is the part I find difficult to reconcile "only official
representation". Naturally there are certain functions here, such as
translations where the language based association of individuals should
make a team and that team should have responsibility for that function.

sorry - poor typing

However, once you step past translation work I do not see the clear line
that says this group has official responsibilities with other functions
performed.

Could you expand on that for me, what you mean by 'only official
representation' - it would help me understand.

but I completely understand
the needs for local marketing and support. So of course, I support the
creation of the material you're designing and also really appreciate
your work on this.
As I tell you, there is already various associations existing in
different countries that support local actions, more or less officially
representing LibreOffice. I would like that we have a more clear and
defined affiliation and support between these associations and the TDF,
but I didn't get the time to think enough about it yet.
In any way, if you want to set such associations in Venezuela or
Argentina, I don't see any issue.

If I follow what you are saying - if you create a legal entity of some
kind, outside of TDF, and then want to work with us that is OK - that is
a fairly high bar to set, IMO.

Thanks

Drew