On Wed, 2011-04-13 at 10:00 -0700, Jeff Chimene wrote:
On 04/13/2011 05:11 AM, drew wrote:
Hi,

Grabbed a quick listing of the extensions, extras and such for a
pamphlet to use as an insert for the disc package.

Limiting this to extensions and the add-ons on the disc, with a rather
brief amount of information on each this fills up a full sized tri-fold
layout - here is the prototype I used.
http://lo-portal.us/temp/pamphlet-insert-6-panel.odt

So - this is near all the information Tim mentioned in another email,
leading to either trimming on what we cover on this or going to a
multiple sheet layout (4 panel), 2 sheets (8 panels) might be enough,
but I wouldn't be surprised to see it push to 3 sheets (12 panels)
either.

For now, this email, is just to get thoughts from you all on what really
should be in this pamphlet and let's get this put together.

Thanks

Drew

Hi Drew:

I guess my thoughts are that the team could add a lot of value by
documenting this content.

The downside is that the documentation would have to be maintained. it's
possible we document files that are rarely used.

it's not clear to me that dead-tree documentation provides sufficient
value to justify the cost. Perhaps it's better to put it online via the
CMS, and link to it on the DVD.

Maybe we use the pamphlet to describe the installation instructions?
Maybe a blurb about The Foundation, the NA-DVD Community or how to get
involved?

That is right in line with Russ's comments also, I believe - I tend to
agree, so back off on the inventory of files and focus on the: How to
use this: Who is TDF: Who put the disc together...

Sounds good to me.

//drew