On 03/08/2011 10:40 AM, drew wrote:
On Tue, 2011-03-08 at 10:23 -0500, webmaster for Kracked Press
Productions wrote:

Here is the PDF as of last night.
http://www.lungstrom.com/libreoffice-dvd-project/LibreOffice-disc-North-American-DVD/file-list-as-of-March-07-2011.pdf
Why not just upload it to the wiki and then when you upload new versions
they are just automatically logged as such - it is a good simple version
control. It really could not be simpler.

Marc is the one that is dealing with the wiki page. He was the one how placed it there, and he is the one who is maintaining it for the project. I most likely could do it myself, but right now it is his "bailiwick". Having one person responsible for the text of the wiki page works fine for me.

Actually, I never dealt with modifying wiki pages before. Never needed to do it. I could do the account creation, etc., and deal with the editing of the page. For now, Marc is doing it for us.

We can see what he thinks about this.
Then sure, you just the date and the latest file is always one top, by
you can see all the earlier ones.

You know that if this is going to be a group file, this iso, then at
some point we need to start locking it down for content - getting the
list into version control now I think makes sense.
Well I am now fixing the things that need fixing, with respect to the folder and file names and placement. I misspelled "extension" in the extension folder. Had to correct that. I started with a shorter dictionary list, then added the long one. I removed the need for the two lists and removed the files/folders of the smaller one. I found a few files that needed to be moved to "better" folders. Much is things that just effects the links and not the content. I found some links still not pointing to the proper places [i.e. to the web instead to the disc]. All this work did not affect the content.

You suggestion on the content change for the Info/index.html page has been added. As the pages are edited, the content will be "locked" except for any typos that creep into the mix.

The "This "demo" version of the DVD project will..." text on that page will be removed for the DVD ISO.

The Install page has a few "issues" that can be worked on to make it "better", like a JAVA homepage link, as well as other simple things.

The Module page, with Writer, Calc, Impress, Draw, Base, and Math pages need to be edited for content and grammar issues.

Extensions could use a final going over. Same for Templates, Documentation, and Artwork. Extras page? should there be anything added to that page? There are some formatting "issues" needed to be looked into.

So as for getting the content "locked", there is a few things needed to be gone over. Most of it is the grammar and phrasing, with some format and alignment editing. When that is done for each page where we are in agreement with the content/formatting/etc., then we can "lock down" that page.

What is the largest file size would you like for an archived [.zip or such] to be available for you to download as a package? I was thinking when the folder content is "locked", I could archive each and place them online for each of our team members to download and unarchive to its specific folder placement. The only folders that will need "subfolder" archives, are the Install file folders for both LibreOffice and the Extras.

This way you can build your own copy of the DVD and burn it to a DVD for your own offline testing.