On Fri, 2011-02-18 at 10:13 -0500, webmaster for Kracked Press
Productions wrote:
Would it be easier for "us" to do the North American DVD if it goes
online like the German version is on the development pages?

I could do this on one of my domains.  I could make a folder that will
contain all of the files and folders on the current "beta" version of
the DVD and then keep updating it with the work I am doing.

It might be easier for people to look at this version online and comment
on the work.  Currently the "DVD" contains 3,780 items [i.e. files and
folders] and is about 3 gig in size.  This may be reduced when it is
completed, but there is a lot of "work around" items that will be fixed
properly after I get the main section finished.

Since this version of a DVD is based upon the visual style of the German
one, I have been using Google's translation system [Firefox attachment]
to translate the text of the German DVD that is shown online in the
development pages.  There is a bit of changes that I feel will make it
easier to use and update. I removed the "Development" section since, for
me, the users who will get this disc, may be confused or put off by
having a files and such for the development of the software.  There can
be a reference to these files, but I feel that it should point to the
LibreOffice web site instead of to any file on a DVD.  The web site will
be much more up-to-date anyways.

So.  Should I upload my work on a North American DVD [English language,
but with as much French and Spanish files I can find]?  I have the space
and the transfer allowance for it to be used online.  If needed, I am
willing to "buy" a domain name for this part of the overall LibreOffice
marking process/product.

Hi Tim,

Well, I'm really sorry for not jumping on that yesterday. I really
needed to get a few things off the to-do list. I am looking at the file
you sent right now.

The files assembled here, from the earlier emails on the ML here, is a
bit different then your mix.

I'm not sure if having you put the whole image to web site is going to
help here - truth is there isn't anyone else offering to do any page
translations, so what would be the purpose really.

Actually I'm looking right now at the files and directories on my work
disc, given your differences from me and not to mention the file
structure in the LibreOfficeBox iso...

I can either change the files selected to the bundle you have assembled
or alter the html files you sent to match what I have.

_or_

I could move to the LibreOfficeBox layout for files...

Not sure which way to go at the moment.

I have templates and some files in es and fr and all the Libo files for
en.es,fr - so if that makes this group of files more inclusive from what
you have then I would prefer to work on this grouping and push that
whole lot as an ISO file to you - would you be OK with that.

I've got a full day pretty much for this task but the upload is going to
take a while (hours) as you know.

My objective today is to actually get to a point to burn a disc from
whatever I have and test it, for an install.

_But_ assuming a final release first part of next week, I would try to
hold out on burning the image to discs long enough to get that stable
set of binaries and source.

- right now though this disc for the show next weekend is quickly
becoming my 800 lb Gorilla -

So - what I would propose is this - let me take the html files you sent
and weld them onto the disc structure I have here, with all the files
for the three languages. I can push that to a server you can download
from later this evening - which means it is ready sometime in th wee
hours of the morning, our time.

I would have the files for the UI in English and the community branding.
I can also give you just the html files for you to tweak to fit your
file structure, if you would rather not use the bundle of files I put
up. [this is DVD sized load, but I don't think you were trying to get
down to a CD sized image, where you?]

Does this sound like a good way to move forward - if you have a better
idea I'm all ears - because of the difference in layout I am not sure
how easily we can break up files for translation today, if we could get
to a common structure by tomorrow the we certainly could.

Let me know,

Drew