On 11-01-12 11:18 AM, drew wrote:
On Wed, 2011-01-12 at 10:33 -0500, Fabián Rodríguez wrote:
Hi,

I am sending email invitations to my close network of friends and
colleagues, and to projects I participate in, inviting them to join
LibreOffice. I thought I'd share this. I'd like to ask where would be
the best place in the wiki to put such examples and their translations ?
I know within the Marketing project this makes sense but I also thought
we'd need to expose this more.

Of course adapt & customize them depending on your audience, if you end
up using any of them!

These are just 3 examples:

For end-users:
[Trisquel-users] An invitation to ask your questions about LibreOffice
on "Ask LibreOffice"
http://listas.trisquel.info/pipermail/trisquel-users/2011-January/002372.html

For developers:
[Trisquel-devel] An invitation to become a LibreOffice contributor
http://listas.trisquel.info/pipermail/trisquel-devel/2011-January/000345.html

For end-users, in French:
[Trisquel-utilisateurs] Invitation à connaître LibreOffice
http://listas.trisquel.info/pipermail/trisquel-utilisateurs/2011-January/000050.html

Any comments/suggestions welcome.

Hello Fabian

Well, that is all well and good.

I suppose you most likely saw what I said with regards to third party
support sites and in the abstract I will stand by what I said.

But i the real world we don't really work I abstracts do we.

So - a couple of comments.

Your emails have no link to the actual LibreOffice project.
I think you didn't notice, the first sentence of each one of them does.
Your site has no links to the actual LibreOfficce project.
At the top of every page, yes, there are links to LibreOffice support
and main sites.
Clicking on a LibreOffice logo and going any place other the
http://libreoffice.org is not acceptable IMO

(Which means I need to change 1 site I currently manage and I will do
that today)

I believe you are referring to the logo at libreoffice.shapado.com -
I'll check if it can link to the main site, however I believe it's
supposed to act as a "go home" spot.

Finally - whatever abstracts I believe in I believe in community more
and when the LibreOffice trademark policy is published I will certainly
stand behind the collective decision in that regard.

OK - I just did not want any misunderstanding.

Finally - you should understand that I will push very hard for these
type of supports systems within the community project - I will also,
assuming sites conform to the soon to be finished trademark policy fight
for your right to exist also.
Thank you, I don't believe any fight is in order :)

I am not sure I understand the concern but if any remains I am open to
any discusison - reach me on IRC sometime if email drags too much.

Cheers,

Fabian

--
LibreOffice questions ? Des questions sur LibreOffice ? Preguntas acerca
de LibreOffice ? Ask LibreOffice: http://libreoffice.shapado.com/