 Le 2010-10-19 16:17, Benjamin Horst a écrit :
On Oct 18, 2010, at 9:07 PM, Marc Paré wrote:

Le 2010-10-18 08:18, James Walker a écrit :
Morning,

Just want to introduce myself to all those on the list

My name is James Walker, I have been involved with the Community for 8+
years in some capacity.  Currently serving as a MarCon for the Central part
of the US. I currently reside in Terre Haute, IN

My real job is not in marketing.  I am a CAD guy by trade, having done
everything from Structural Steel Detailing, to grandstands, handrail, and
now I design machinery for a small company in Indiana that does some rather
impressive machines.  I have also worked in Customer Service, as well as
served in the Military for a few years.

I am looking forward to working with all of you.

Please introduce yourselves so the rest of you us can get to know you a
little better.

James Walker

Hi everyone:

My name is Marc Paré, I will be at the helm of the Canadian Marketing Team until we can organize
and formalize our group a little more. I currently reside in Waterloo, Ontario, Canada.

I have been using LibO since the very first days of StarOffice. I have only been involved with the
Community as a lurker on the forums. I am usually involved in software communities such as
HotPotatoes, Linux (Mandriva/Mageia), Wine (for HotPotatoes) and Zikula (CMS). I am also on the
Mageia marketing team and enjoying it quite a bit.

I am an elementary school teacher and teach FSL (French Second Language) in Waterloo, Ontario,
Canada. I also participate in numerous committees of which Software Acquisition Committee, FSL
committees, as well as run Lego Robotics Clubs, Computer Graphics Club (Gimp), Computer
Reconstruction Club, Logo programming (French/English) -- although I had to curtail this last due
to the lack of computer resources at my school. I participate at many school musical events as the
music coordinator for our school. I am also a 14th-19th century keyboard repairman and also
maintain a roster of approx. 50 domain names along with some website construction/maintenance
duties, I publish an an online magazine: http://www.EarlyMusicNews.org and am re-organizing another
project-site of mine: http://www.FrenchAsASecondLanguage.org (heavy rebuilding at the moment due to
hackers). I usually only sleep 4hours/day and view little TV which explains my seemingly busy
schedule.

I have passed the point of mid-life crisis and have not as yet bought my red corvette or my Harley.
I am presently off work due to a crushed spine injury and have had 2 spinal interventions (surgery)
and have had to re-learn how to walk twice in the last 7 months. Things are coming along very well.

I am quite happy to work on the LibO project and have always wanted to participate in a more
meaningful way. My main interests are in the marketing of LibO in Canada as well as the marketing
of LibO as a solid product in the educational field at all levels (Kindergartern-High School;
Academia) and on the international stage.

I look forward to working with all of you.

Marc Paré
Hello all,

I've been a part of the OOo and now LibO communities for at nearly 10 years now. I remember
watching the purchase and open sourcing of StarOffice by Sun back in 2000, and hoping I could get
it on my Mac soon. That took a while, but I'm happy it happened!

I live in New York City, but was in LA and Boston before that.

I wrote "The Tiny Guide to OpenOffice.org," which was published in 2004, and have worked on
promoting, documenting and other tasks in my time with the project. I raised money from volunteers and used
it to buy a full page ad on the back of the free Metro newspaper in NYC for the release of OpenOffice.org 2.0.

I work for a web development firm as a project manager, and have experience with many CMSs and the
web design and development process. I've been active lately on the website discussions where I
suggested platforms for our wiki (Foswiki, though it was not selected) and main website (Drupal).
Those discussions have been challenging. :)

I'm interested in marketing/promotion/evangelizing LibO in the USA and Canada and in education,
because I think these are areas where it could be quickly adopted to the benefit of many, many
people. As a former student myself, I could not have spared even $100 to buy an office software
package, and I want people in that situation today to know they do not have to.

Looking forward to working with you all! I have a list of promotional ideas I'd like to share soon.
I think we should pick one or two specific projects and make them happen!

-Ben

Benjamin Horst
bhorst@mac.com
646-464-2314 (Eastern)
www.solidoffice.com

Welcome Benjamin. Nice to have you on-board from the Canadian team.

Cheers

Marc
Canadian Marketing Team Member

--