Participants
============
1. guilhem
2. syntaxerrormmm (Emiliano Vavassori)
3. Ilmari
4. wget
5. cloph
6. Brett (late join)

Agenda
======

 * weblate
   + updated to 3.10.3 went smooth (and was much faster than expected \o/ — ~3h)
   + https://github.com/WeblateOrg/weblate/issues/3455 request to upstream to
     add TDF-SSO support
     - guilhem: slight preference for SAML2.0 but OAuth2 would work too
     - protocols are open and documented, only endpoints and parameters might
       changes, so should work out of the box if configurable
     - need to link the service to our SSO endpoint before offer 3rd party auth
       (for PR mainly)
     - could also chain the providers and offer 3rd party auth on our SSO
       portal, not on the leaf services
     - should also aim for 2FA on the portal anyway, so some refactoring needed
       in the auth mechanism
 * crashtest-VM issues (vm138, the one running jenkins job, not the one
   collecting crashreports) - ETA for move to miranda(?)
   + g. Adfinis has offered to sponsor a metal box, answered and now waiting for
     possible delivery, will poke again in ~ a week if there is no feedback yet
     - 2x 12-cores (24 threads) intel CPUs @2.20GHz, 48GB RAM, 4x 10k SAS 900GB
 * gerrit: upgraded to 3.0.7, PostgreSQL no longer used, everything is in git
   + github PR plugin: https://gerrit.googlesource.com/plugins/github/+/master/README.md
     - AI guilhem: install on the stage instance
     - AI cloph: test it using a dummy project on the GitHub side, testing with
       core would create too much confusion
       . wget: available to help also :-)
   + looking forward to v2 of the wire protocol available in 3.1 (ETA for
     upgrade: ~mid 2020):
     - initial ref advertisement is almost 20MiB (and counting):
       $ curl -so/dev/null -w"%{size_download}\\n"
https://git.libreoffice.org/core/info/refs?service=git-upload-pack
       19808603
     - serious bottleneck when the local clone is almost up to date,
       migration from ReviewDB to NoteDB (git) added extra refs made it worse
     - previous attempts at trimming down the advertisement didn't go too well,
       https://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/libreoffice/2018-October/081249.html
     - the wire protocol is really promising for gerrit-like workflows:
https://git-scm.com/docs/protocol-v2/en
       . with 1 local branch, git clone + git pull: 280k refs (20MiB downloaded) vs. 1.4k refs
(180kiB downloaded)
 * Prometheus exporters: need better exporters for
   + guest disk usage/capacity (pending libvirt upgrade)
   + guest OS / kernel version (pending libvirt upgrade)
   + RDBMS transactions, op/sec, etc
 * Ilmari: Emiliano, how are you envisioning your future role with the infra team?
   + EV: just lurking for now, nothing specific at the moment (g: plus many kind words)
   + can be an interface with the rest of the BoD should there be any requests there
   + AI Ilmari: send out rdm ticket list to have an overview of the wishlist
 * Team has decided to use [matrix] for internal communication during FOSDEM
   + EV: most of the new board members feel the need for a IM tool too, will
     propose to use this instance
 * AI guilhem: Move infra testbed ( https://infratools.documentfoundation.org )
   to Gerrit and make the salt repo world-readable
   + brett: I don't think CI is a huge loss, it's not working so great anyway,
     don't think salt has the ability to validate itself
   + AI guilhem: double check if there are committed secrets/keys still use in
     prods, if not proceed with the move
   + wget: update checker still not up to date: 6.3.4 reported as fresh, 6.2.8
     as still :(
     - cloph: having 6.3.4 as fresh is expected, will make the switch for the
       6.2 branch
     - Chocolatey is now above >1 million downloads! _o/ \o/ \o_
     - wget: interval between announcement and availability via update-checker
       is too long
       . wget: to avoid such a situation: https://nextcloud.documentfoundation.org/s/ALkfroKaxRrCrq5
       . cloph: meant to be a couple of days later (like from Thursday to next
         Monday) not 15 days
       . AI guilhem: see whether we could have some automatic warnings to
         hostmaster to avoid forgetting until people start complain
     - AI cloph: migrate 6.2 users to 6.3
 * wget: followup with FOSDEM (to Ilmari), any news about the blog sources publication + assets on
gerrit?
   + Ilmari: have to delegate to cloph I'm afraid :-)
   + back to guilhem's pile in the end
 * Tinderboxes:
   + tb69 (Brett):
     - last Mojave in there, need to know what needs to be installed there
       . cloph: git clone https://git.libreoffice.org/lode
       . install XCode (need account on the appstore), and perhaps also Java
       . run `lode setup --jenkins`
     - No urgency, can wait another week or two
     - wget: will bring the issue with Catalina to the steering committee,
       having another tb might be useful
       . cloph: no because dailies aren't signed/notarized, but can fire a
         dedicated test build if needed
       . cloph: will bump the 6.4.x baseline to mojave (requirement for XCode 11),
         sberg's fix will work then
       . will discussed at the Feb 27 ESC
   + gandalf:
     - glibc upgraded to 2.30, jobs run fine but these incremental dailies are
       not usable on machines with older libcs, so mostly useless for QA proposes
     - the repo was set to OpenSUSE's rolling release (Tumbleweed) — with tbh's
       blessing
     - cloph: don't mind having Tumbleweed on that tb, but maybe we could find
       some other task for it
     - downgrading isn't an option without reinstalling, we can 1/ move the job
       off gandalf, or 2/ leave it there and just tell people with older libcs to
       use other incremental dailies until they catch up with the baseline
     - https://dev-builds.libreoffice.org/daily/master/current.html lists it first though
       . AI guilhem: hide /-updater$/ from the listing
   + wget: which version of macOS tb81 uses?  cloph: mojave
 * Next call: Tue Mar 17 17:30:00 UTC 2020(?)
   + guilhem: tentative date, possibly need to delay/cancel

--
Guilhem.