Hi William,

On 1/4/20 4:19 PM, William Gathoye (LibreOffice) wrote:

The concrete impact is that the Jetpack control panel of the extension
cannot be used at all.

I have just connected to the french blog from the hotel business center,
and I have loaded Jetpack control panel without any problem, with every
single setting accessible for modifications. So, I really do not
understand your point.

I can see the images, even if they have not been linked appropriately to
the source on TDF Wordpress instance using the "link to" command on the
image edit panel.

I don't receive any error, accessing the site from the hotel Linux PC
(they use the Debian based AstraLinux) using Chrome and Firefox, both as
a user and as an admin.

But I propose to postpone this and not cause a flameware with Italo
since he knows better than me the implications of disabling the
WordPress CDN.

William, I am really upset by your attitude and offended by your words.
I have never started a flameware with anyone, not even when there were
reasons to do so (and you probably don't even imagine what happened
during the early years of LibreOffice).

No one in the community represents the absolute truth, independently
from his background, age, level of technical skills, empathy, number of
spoken languages, and whatever other parameter you want to add. On the
contrary, you act as you are the absolute truth, which is something that
doesn't help at all, because (1) you are not the absolute truth, and (2)
acting as the absolute truth creates a completely useless friction with
other community members, who may react in a negative way.

This blog will need to be redone in all cases. :)

The blog needs to be improved, as every blog (because the perfect blog
doesn't exist), and not redone. To be clear, available options are two:
improvement (based on community consensus, and not on individual taste
or decision), or leave unchanged (which IMHO would be stupid, because
improvement is always the way to go).

Looking forward to a constructive meeting in Brussels, where we can
discuss how to improve all TDF blogs, and start developing proposals
which go in the right direction (i.e. a positive improvement which is
perceived as such by the entire community).