[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

[libreoffice-website] Minutes from the Tue Oct 16 infra call


Participants
============

1. guilhem
2. Brett
3. cloph

Agenda
======

* https://dashboard.documentfoundation.org
+ Upgraded GrimoireLab dashboard (native deployment onto a brand new Debian 9
VM, started at LibOCon, finalized last week)
+ Based on Elastic Stack 6.1 (branch the kibiter soft-fork currently
applies to)
- TODO: Upgrade Pootle's Elasticsearch instance from 5.x to 6.x as well,
to avoid supporting multiple branches simultaneously
. cloph: not aware of incompatibilities, try on vm183
- WARN: https://www.elastic.co/support/eol ← 5.6.x will be EOL'ed on
2019-03-11; 6.1.x on 2019-06-13
+ New metrics:
- “Git Demographics”: attraction/retention of new developers
- “Git Areas of Code”: which part of the project is the most often
modified, what it is (filetype), where (directory), etc.
- “Community Structure” analysis: “onion model” analysis of
core/regular/casual contributors, cf. Bitergia's blogpost
https://blog.bitergia.com/2018/06/19/the-onion-model-analyzing-community-structure/
- Mediawiki (pages in the default namespace only); email addresses aren't
accessible from the API so contributors' identities are currently not
merged with the ones from git/gerrit/bugzilla (in principle we could
use the information from SSO to link identities)
* gerrit:
+ Replace gitweb with gitiles? (Less buggy, better integration with gerrit.)
Cf. https://vm178.documentfoundation.org/plugins/gitiles/lode/+/ed58dfaab8e7dc1aa6e7dd526aa45245520fb742
- https://gerrit.libreoffice.org/gitweb?p=${REPOSITORY}.git&a=log&h=${COMMIT_ID} would
then become https://gerrit.libreoffice.org/plugins/gitiles/${REPOSITORY}/+/${COMMIT_ID}
(can easily add rewrite rules in the reverse proxy)
- Would also need to adapt the target for https://hub.libreoffice.org/git-REPOSITORY/DEADBEEF ,
cf. rdm#2200
- Note that gitweb and gitiles can coexist alongside
. AI guilhem: deploy gitiles to the prod instance and post to the dev
list, so people can object if they want to keep gitweb
+ [rdm#2090] Keep support for git:// (port 9418/tcp) but stop advertising
git:// URLs (advertise https:// URLs instead)
- should update lode and the wiki pages accordingly, anything else?
. cloph: possibly also used by Jenkins
. cloph: changing the remote scheme in lode won't affect existing
installations
- AI guilhem: advertise https:// in the mail to the dev list
- FYI: proxy_{read,send}_timeout set to 2h when the User-Agent request
header matches /^git\//, might need to update the regexp and/or the
values
* System upgrades:
+ Question: status of tb31.libreoffice.org? (last Ubuntu — 14.04.5 LTS —
box, would like to align on our current — Debian 9.4 — baseline instead)
- cloph: it's a tinderbox, so better install CentOS and not Debian
- TODO: get contact info and sync with someone there to deploy a new
installation media
+ Question: decommission and shutdown (recycle?) vm169? isn't pootle's
stage instance on vm183?
- cloph: OK to decommission (shutdown and remove from salt), but keep the
disk image and don't recycle the IP
+ Since the last call: vm145 (CI) upgraded to Stretch; vm167 (dashboard)
decommissioned and replaced with vm213
+ 30 boxes still on Debian Jessie (22 prod boxes incl. 3 hypervisors), need
to be updated before the end of year ideally
* Use Matomo's server-side API to collect metrics on the update check (and
also downloads?) https://developer.matomo.org/guides/reporting-api-clients
+ cloph: can map system info (platform, version, etc.) to virtual page
hierarchy as piwik deals with that natively; can update two counters to
break down the tree structure
+ alternatively, can use the "custom dimensions" plugin
+ need to put some thought about visualization and report creation
+ Guilhem: would be nice to have that in place before the end of the year (or at least before FOSDEM)
+ AI guilhem: grant Brett access to the update check box and Piwik
* [rdm#2555] "replace Google Custom Search by another un-branded search"
https://redmine.documentfoundation.org/issues/2555
* Next call: Tuesday November 20 2018 at 18:30 Berlin time (17:30 UTC).
↑ Note, next month Berlin time is CET not CEST!

--
Guilhem.

--
To unsubscribe e-mail to: website+unsubscribe@global.libreoffice.org
Problems? https://www.libreoffice.org/get-help/mailing-lists/how-to-unsubscribe/
Posting guidelines + more: https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: https://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/website/
Privacy Policy: https://www.documentfoundation.org/privacy

Follow-Ups:
Re: [libreoffice-website] Minutes from the Tue Oct 16 infra callFlorian Effenberger <floeff@documentfoundation.org>
Privacy Policy | Impressum (Legal Info) | Copyright information: Unless otherwise specified, all text and images on this website are licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 License. This does not include the source code of LibreOffice, which is licensed under the Mozilla Public License (MPLv2). "LibreOffice" and "The Document Foundation" are registered trademarks of their corresponding registered owners or are in actual use as trademarks in one or more countries. Their respective logos and icons are also subject to international copyright laws. Use thereof is explained in our trademark policy.