Hi Christian,

Very good point. I admit that I really only looked at download size. So, today I did a comparison
to see how much extra disk the UI files will add. Here’s what I did:

Current installer - Built master with the following commented-out autogen.input lines:
   #--without-helppack-integration
   #--with-lang=ALL
Proposed installer - Built master with the proposed change’s patch and with the following
autogen.input lines:
   --without-helppack-integration
   --with-lang=ALL

This resulted in the following installation sizes:
   1809 MB  Current installer
   2030 MB  Proposed installer

That’s an increase in disk usage of approximately 221 MB. Note: these are debug builds so both
sizes are larger than release builds. So if added to the LibreOffice 24.2.1 release, installation
sizes would be:
    803 MB  LibreOffice 24.2.1 ARM installer
   1024 MB  Proposed installer

I think that the big question is whether a ~25% increase will cause a user revolt? My hope is that
nearly all users feel the change is OK or don’t care. But you are probably right that some users
will not like this change.

So here are two things that I can do when the inevitable bug reports and Reddit posts show up:
- Give my pitch: “English is not the primary language for most LibreOffice users. By adding only ~
5% disk space, nearly all users will see LibreOffice in their own language immediately after
installation just like English users always have.”
- Give instructions on how to manually delete the localized files that they don’t want. I think I
can take the list of localized files, write a short script and/or set of steps, and post it on a
LibreOffice wiki page.

Any thoughts?

Patrick