Hi all,

[I intend to involve all the Infra team here and I am not sure I am
addressing this the right way. Please add the needed address yourselves
or (better, please :) ) point the right addresses out.]

During today's Public part of the Board of Directors meeting we had a
lot of issues and I know most of you are already aware of it.

We were connected fine until 20 people, at that point problems piled up
(lags, disconnections, people not able to hear others, people not able
to speak, jittering in the communications) and that was worsening
towards 24 people connected; at that point we were forced to close the
public part and get to the Board only for the private.

My take on what happened is that we stuck hard on the "hardware"
resources of the machine that hosts the instance. Someone also suggested
hardware resources on the clients connected can be part of the issue.

Could we please revise the entire idea on why the instance was brought
out, what's the defined purpose of that, some technical information on
it (like, hardware resources for the machine, how is Jitsi managed, etc)
and its load during this meeting and understand its limits, with the
goal of fixing it if ever possible in the next two weeks?

I would like to discuss with all of you to find out and propose other
solutions if needed, or keep the current one but see if we can further
up the supported people (we expect another increase in participation in
the next rounds, a good estimation could be 30 people).

Thanks, regards,
--
Emiliano Vavassori
syntaxerrormmm@libreoffice.org