Hi there,

We'll upgrade to Gerrit 2.16 on Wed, Dec 25 starting at 00:00 UTC.  This
is a pretty long upgrade path and a pessimistic ETA is 04:00 UTC.

*Important*: After completion it will no longer possible to log in using
third-party authentication methods such as Google and GitHub OAuth2 IdPs.
Authentication to the web frontend will need to be done with TDF's Single
Sign-On system.  Gerrit accounts not linked to our SSO system will
effectively be *locked out* after that date, and unlocking require manual
intervention from an infra team member.  Please see the announcement message
for details: https://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/projects/msg02605.html .

Authentication using SSH keys and HTTP credentials will keep working as
now.  2.14 also adds support for ed25519 SSH keys; once in production
we'll send a known_hosts snippet with the new host key.

A Gerrit 2.16 preview, including the authentication part, is available
on our stage instance at https://gerrit-stage.documentfoundation.org .

Once on 2.16 we'll start migrating the change metadata backend from
ReviewDb to NoteDb, and eventually upgrade to 3.0 in the not too distant
future.  That upgrade should be less intrusive to users.

Cheers,
--
Guilhem.