Hello,

Am 16. August 2016 14:24:23 MESZ, schrieb Florian Effenberger <floeff@documentfoundation.org>:
Hello,

to give you a status update on where we stand:

We have considered various options wrt. the extensions and templates
website. Maintenance can mostly only be done by Andreas right now, and
there were several issues that need fixing behind the scenes and in the

frontend.

Options to solve this have been either completely redoing that
particular website in a different CMS (which bears the callenge of
transferring all data and users) or improving the Plone instance (which

requires the new sysadmin we're currently seeking to get trained if
needed).

Andreas has been working on improving the website, and we have been in
close touch with a Plone developer, who will address the shortcomings,
including cryptical error messages and manual account creation. I
talked
to him myself to show the critical issues from my POV, including
sharing
the knowledge how to maintain the instance, as getting this addressed
is
critical to me for moving forward with Plone.

The offer looked very competitive and covered the things required from
both Andreas' and my POV, and we're basically waiting for the contract
to sign.

My hope is that we once and for all address all the issues with the
website in terms of technology and maintenance. Design-work, however,
was *not* included if I am not mistaken.

the offer includes also design-work in the basis of the used twitter-bootstrap derivate.

Andreas, when did you poke him the last time? I really would like to
get
the contract signed so we can proceed. Can you maybe shoot him another
e-mail? Otherwise I try to ring him up directly.

I'll most likely bump into him Düring FrOSCon next weekend.

Kind regards,
Andreas