Hi Florian,

Le 18.07.2014 11:30, Florian Effenberger a écrit :
Hi Charles,

Charles-H. Schulz wrote on 2014-07-18 11:25:

me neither. If neither Christian nor myself have access to a Windows
machine, then we must devise another process (i.e. include people here
who might be able to reproduce the problem and even help fixing it).

that's not the problem. We did test with Windows machines, we did even
test with BrowserShots.org, but still, reproducing the problem is
hard. It's not about having a Windows machine - it's about reproducing
the issue, that's the problem. It seems that not nearly everyone with
a Windows machine has those issues - finding the pattern and thereby
the reason causing this issue is the hard task...

I need to handle these complaints, at least the ones on social networks,
but we cannot go on for months with no resolution path. I'm not saying
no one is working on it, not even that the solution is easy to find, but
if you check RedMine and this mailing list it is not clear for me what
we are doing to deal with the problem.

Cloph e-mails all of those who complain (when we have an email
address), asking details, trying to nail down the problem - so far, to
no avail. He has spent a significant amount of time already, but it
was not possible to come up with a pattern that triggers the issue.

As odd as this problem is, it doesn't seem to be trivial to fix, as it
doesn't seem to occur on all Windows machines from what I can tell.

So here's my proposal:
- let's open a temporary alias like oddwebsiteissues@documentfoundation.org or whatever. We collect everyone's feedback (so far people send us screenshots, their browser and OS versions) and see if we can get more details.

The only thing I can say so far is that the issue seems to be spreading (i.e the rate of reporting is increasing, which suggests the website is not really the problem as we have not changed it that much).

I am happy to organize a low level communications spree on this (no PR of course).

Best,

Charles.

Florian