Le 22/04/14 03:53 AM, Charles-H. Schulz a écrit :
Le 2014-04-22 09:29, Robinson Tryon a écrit :
On Mon, Apr 21, 2014 at 11:44 PM, Charles-H. Schulz
<charles.schulz@documentfoundation.org> wrote:
I strongly advocate against it; it would only create more confusion and
continue into the storyline that fresh=unstable and stable=good.

Hmm.. perhaps the word "stable" is problematic in this situation. If
we call the branch with less churn 'stable,' that does imply something
about the stability of other branches that are under more active
development.

That is what I think too. While Stable gets the right message in a
comparison with "Fresh", the second message it sends might indeed be
that if this one's stable the other one is not.
I∕we welcome other terms, by the way. I thought about "mature"

I completely agree with Charles in that identifying our second option for download as "LibreOffice Stable" in that "stable" does indeed seem to signify our first choice as being "unstable". "LibreOffice Mature" does seem to have a nice ring to it, plus it does convey the obvious fact of that particular version's state at which it finds itself.

BTW ... "LibreOffice Fresh" is, IMO, an excellent pick in name, to the point where I would suggest it is easily marketable as a possible brand name if we wanted to do so; let's not change that particular name.

Cheers,

Marc

--
Marc Paré