Hi Robinson,

Le 20/02/14 02:32 PM, Robinson Tryon a écrit :
The primary Events page is ever-expanding:
https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Events

I think that it might be a good time for us to split it up by year and have:
Events/2013
Events/2014
etc...

At the same time, I think it would be helpful for us to standardize
the naming of the event pages, e.g.:

Events/2014/FOSDEM
Events/2014/OSCON
Events/2013/North_Pole_Hackfest
etc..

Structured data on each event page could further simplify the process
of adding and updating individual events. Right now we use the
Template:Infobox_Events on many of our event pages to provide
information about each event (kudos to Dennis Roczek for his work
there). By leveraging structured data fields for the event pages, we
could populate the yearly pages by querying this structured data. We
could also automatically-update the list of Upcoming Events on the
front page of the wiki, and give a prominent shout-out on the wiki
front page to any events which are currently underway.

I'll need to do a little research, but my understanding is that
structured data on the wiki may be easily consumed both within and
without the wiki, so that would open up some possibilities for people
to present the event data (or other data we decide to structure) in
new and exciting ways.

Thoughts?

Best,
--R

Anything to make the page as easily update-able as possible. Where we fail at getting our events on the page is the ease of which events are able to be updated. If there is a way for people to just input into fixed fields and to worry about wiki text, then we will probably see more people participating in updating the events page.

But yes to reorganizing the page sound good.

Cheers,

Marc

--
Marc Paré