Hi Eliane,

Eliane Domingos de Sousa wrote on 2013-08-31 21:53:

We had in Brazil the First National LibreOffice Meeting, it happened in
the event CONSEGI in August and we had the pleasure to recieve the
presence of Florian Effenberger. Our event was spetacular and a sucess,
and we want to repeat it next year, in April. It is a kind a event like
LibreOffice Conference, but in our country.

indeed, it was a pleasure being there and a real honour - I really enjoyed my stay, and the Brazilian community is just amazing, they really rock! ;-)

Because of this, I was thinking if the Brazilian LibreOffice Community
can have a subdomain like the LibreOffice Conference. If it is possible,
I would like the address: encontro.pt-br.libreoffice.org or
encontro.libreoffice.org, the second one is my desire, but if it is not
possible, I can survive with the first one.

So, from a sysadmin point of view I am rather restrictive here, because I fear in the end we will lose structure, and end up with dozens of subdomains in various languages nobody knows where they belong to, causing lots of work.

However, and people may call me biased here, seeing all the activity going on and that you think it is so important, as an exception, I would relax the requirements here, and set it up for you.

However, this should not be a precendent for other projects, it's really an exception here. ;-)

I would like to work with the wordpress structure for this subdomain.

Do you already have a WordPress running somewhere we can use?

The last request is a list: encontro@pt-br.libreoffice.org

Sure, that's an easy one! Should it be a discussion list with you as moderator?

Florian