Le 24/04/13 11:32 AM, Florian Effenberger a écrit :
Hello,

Robert, Alex and I met Monday evening, to discuss the communication
channels for the infra team, and for getting in touch with us.

Right now, the proposed process [1] is this:

* avoid personal emails when possible
* if a public topic, mail to the website list
* if a private topic, mail to the hostmaster alias
* for ad-hoc things, use IRC, but we might not be reachable all the time
* plus some bugzilla requests come in

As we are in dire need to optimize our workflows, our plan is to make
heavy use of OTRS, both for internal admin coordination, as well as for
the community to reach us.

The new proposal looks like this:

* avoid personal emails when possible
* if you want to discuss something, use the website list; if a
task/todo/bug comes out of a discussion, one of the admins will put it
into OTRS
* points of contact for wiki, website, mailing list, AskBot and all
other services will be a handful of OTRS queues, reachable by everyone
e.g. with askbot@otrs.documentfoundation.org
* valid tickets, i.e. those that either contain confidential
information, or those that are tasks/bugs/todos, will be dealt within OTRS
* mails that are a discussion or support request outside this scope,
will receive a default text back, stating to go to the website list, and
the ticket will be closed
* noteworthy: using BugZilla to contact the infra team will then *not*
be supported anymore
* we try to make as many tickets and todos from OTRS public, so everyone
can see what's going on
* while the hostmaster alias still works for technical reason, its use
is not recommended anymore

In general, what do you think about this approach? In case it shows to
be not working, we can always change back later, but the current
"contact us through a dozen channels approach" isn't really flying so
well... :-/

Florian

[1] https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Category:Infrastructure

Well the first thing that comes to mind is "OTRS"?

For those of us who are on the system and trying to lend a hand, we may not be that knowledgeable of acronyms, so OTRS = "OpenSource Ticket Request System"? :-)

Cheers,

Marc

--
Marc Paré