2012/10/3 Christian Lohmaier <lohmaier@googlemail.com>:
Hi Flo, *,
Hi,
On Wed, Oct 3, 2012 at 3:44 PM, Florian Effenberger
<floeff@documentfoundation.org> wrote:
klaus-jürgen weghorn ol wrote on 2012-10-02 13:06:

Nevertheless: Here is a starting proposal:
https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/User:K-j/Drafts/Design#Donato-Meter
Sorry for bringing the topic back, but i couldn't find a suitable
place for donation meter issue at the moment.

Well, redirection from the download page to donation page is good, but
a donation meter is good for the point of expectations.

Donation meter with only numbers is not enough. I think combining it
with goals makes more sense and excitement to the community members.

IMHO, i think simple checkpoints makes it better for peoples
understanding why TDF needs donations.

for example:

           10.0000 Operational Needs         20.0000 Hackfests Organizations

30.000 Continuous Development         40.000 Exciting New Features

etc. Maybe a demo meter can be more understandable but i have no time
for that at the moment.

We all see Kickstarter campaigns and its success. I think we can call
people to donate object oriented campaigns, for example i think we can
easily collect 5.000 or 10.000 to improvements of current look and
feel(not a new UI, a new icon set and better KDE view) Also it cannot
be hard to collect 50.000 to get a fresh UI.

I now lots of people ready to donate for new look and improvements.
That will bring the feel that "Yes, we all want them and i've helped
for it"

Rutine donation needs makes people bored. Yes it is the fact but we
should make it exciting i think.

Sorry for mixing the subjects.

Best regards,
Zeki