On 03/15/2013 12:16 PM, Robinson Tryon wrote:
On Fri, Mar 15, 2013 at 10:48 AM, Kracked_P_P---webmaster
<webmaster@krackedpress.com> wrote:
OK my earlier question might have been caused since I did not sign in to the
system.

As a first time user, I see that I am required to use social media systems
like Facebook.  I 99.9% never use social media.

So I would never use one of those for it.

I also do not use a Google or Yahoo account either.

I deal with my own domain[s] email address, like webmaster@krackedpress.com
for 90% of all LO stuff.

So how do someone who avoids the social media systems and avoids using other
domain email accounts get signed in or signed up?

Remember, not everyone uses social media or wants to deal with the privacy
issues of dealing with other email systems that you have no "ownership" to.
I currently have over a dozen emailaccount on domains I own, so it is a
waste of time for me to have to go to an online service like Google Mail
browser based email accounts.  Everyemail account Iuse can be access by
Thunderbird. The last time I hear, Google and Yahoo required a paid account
to do that.  I am paying enough for my domains and the email system I use.

Also, I almost never look in on the social media, maybe once every 4 or 6
months if required by someone who does not like to use anycommunication
system other than Facebook or Twitter.
Hiya,

One option if you don't have or want an account with any of the
existing OpenID providers would be to run your own OpenID server:
http://wiki.openid.net/w/page/12995226/Run%20your%20own%20identity%20server

I believe that there were some suggestions in the past about trying to
standardize on OpenID for access to various LibreOffice web services.
In that context, OpenID for the Ask site could just be seen as the
first step in the process. If there are no current plans to migrate to
OpenID, then I think we should investigate the difficulty of
implementing double opt-in with Askbot.

--R

That does not seem a good solution. I do not want to run my own ID server/service.

I just want to use my standard email account and not have to create or add any other service to then sign in to LO's Ask LO system.

I just wonder how many people would think that this is not a good idea and think there is some sort of "discrimination" involved against people who just want to use a normal email, like they use on the LO email lists. I use the same email for the lists, the wiki work, and even the CMS work [when I used to use it]. I did not have to use a social media service or set up a ID server for those.