On Thu, Feb 14, 2013 at 12:45 PM, webmaster-Kracked_P_P
<webmaster@krackedpress.com> wrote:
I was wondering something.

Are these uploaded/displayed images going to be seen "by default" when
someone visits "the page"?

We still have dial-up users out there and 3 or 5 MB size files could take a
few minutes to download for these users.  Many of these users are in areas
of the world that rarely seen any broad band access, or it is not
affordable.

Just wanted to ask.  I know of some web designers that think every Internet
user has high speed access, when I know of about a dozen people who either
cannot afford it or live too far out in "farm country" to get access other
than dial-up.

What I'm uploading are source flies. We want these to be as big and as
crisp as possible, so that the designers have as much latitude in how
they may use them.

For example, we'd certainly resize these 6-7MB images for use on the
front page of a website, but if we wanted to use one of them for a
printed poster, we'd really want to have a high-res version on hand.

Related question: Do we perform any optimization of our websites for
mobile devices?

Cheers,
--R