Hi Erich, *,

I wrote an answer while in the train - but apparently it never did
make it out of gmail's offline mode...

On Thu, Feb 7, 2013 at 11:38 AM, Erich Christian <erich_tdf@irq.at> wrote:
Am 07.02.2013 06:54, schrieb Marc Paré:
Christian or Erich,

When I am on our staging site, and wish to test, for example a banner,
I add the banner as per usual in SS, but, when I click on the bottom
"Draft Site" it takes me to the real LibreOffice website and NOT the
LibreOffice staging site. There does not seem to be a way to see the
changes that I am testi

That is because the staging site is just a copy, and the subsite is
configured to be www.libreoffice.org - so the links just use that.

The site is also configured as default site, so accesses with any
hostname that doesn't match a dedicated subsite get handled by that
subsite (that is what makes staging show the www site)

Is this the usual behaviour of this link? Or has it just been
mis-configured?

So it is the usual behaviour - at least the configured behaviour :-)

If it has been misconfigured, could you also check the "Published
Site" link as well. Should it also lead to the staging site?

you can always just append ?stage=Stage and ?stage=Live to switch
between draft and live versions of the page.

Can confirm but do not seem to have a clue for fixing this.

Set the domainname of the main subsite to staging instead of www.

Added an _ss_environment.php which didn't help and also had inserted a
(missing?) RewriteBase /  line into .htacess.

Nah, that doesn't have any effect on the URLs the interface adds.

@ Christian could you hint me in the right direction pls,

See above.

ciao
Christian