Le 2013-02-05 12:53, Christian Lohmaier a écrit :
Hi Marc, *,

On Tue, Jan 29, 2013 at 4:58 AM, Marc Paré<marc@marcpare.com>  wrote:
[...]
So, there is now a bug out to try to correct this[1] and I am proposing that
we NOT use the last link but that we now use a more appropriate SilverStripe
page here "https://www.libreoffice.org/get-help/readme"; or just not have a
"readme" page on our site and remove the sentence from the "readme" file.
The QA people will eventually close the bug with a decision.

My stance on this was and will always be to not put links pointing to
currently available pages in whatever cms we're using. Editors will
keep removing or renaming pages, breaking the links. Site might be
restructured and links break.

So I advocate to use hub.libreoffice.org links - hub.libreoffice.org is meant to
* add a layer of abstraction.
* direct people to different pages depening on what version is used
and what language is used (when that info is passed as parameter)

In the meantime, we have all the past versions of LibreOffice pointing to
the page that does not exit.

And especially to solve that problem. any no-longer existing
hub.libreoffice.org links could be redirected to a "looks like you're
using an outdated version" or similar page without much of a hassle.

Especially with links that should point to different NL-Pages, adding
direct links to de.libreoffice.org, nl.libreoffice.org, etc is a no-go
in my opinion. As you cannot add links for langauges that don't have
that page yet/don't exist yet into LibreOffice. And it is already hard
enough to keep pages needed for links put into old releases on the
english page, it is a magnitude more complicated to heep those around
on many sites.

ciao
Christian

No sure if you read this whole thread, but Florian set a redirect on the link and it is fine now. I have closed the bug.

The jury is still out as to whether we need the readme on our website -- I would vote to remove it. I will take this up again once things slow down and we get more time to decide.

Thanks for your info which all makes sense.

Cheers,

Marc

--
Marc Paré