HI Michael et al

Le 2013-01-19 06:37, Michael Bauer a écrit :
Two points that spring to mind:

1) The whole stuff about the "not the language" and "German" (or
whatever language) is pretty pointless, as the download always is for
the whole package. Why mislead the users into thinking they're making a
UI language choice at the point of download?

2) My locale did not move off the original download page layout (see
http://gd.libreoffice.org/faigh-greim-air/). The reason being that we
ended up answered loads of support requests from annoyed users who just
downloaded and installed and didn't understand why all they got was
English. So we wrote that bit (below "Air Windows", about 2/3 down the
page) to make sure every user knows what to click before they download
and that they have to go through "Custom" (which I still maintain is a
DUH move) to get the UI they want.

The point being that unless we get the option of re-instating a custom
piece of text like that ABOVE the download buttons, whatever they look
like, we will stick with the original desgin. Or until LO fixes the
language selection problem overall.

Michael

I am not sure if you looked at the mockups, but they have less to do with the function of the download button, but with the look of the download page itself and the links shown on the page.

I have left my impression of what is suggested and I thought that Harald presented some good points for us (the website team) to think about improving the download page that we now have. (And also some other thoughts for the new Download v.4.0 page!)

IMO, we should have the discussion here on the list. I am not sure if Harald's bug should be in bugzilla, IMO, we could have the discussion here on the website list as, again, it has more to do with webmastering/designing the download page than that of developer work. I don't think it needs dev work at all.

Cheers,

Marc

--
Marc Paré