Hi Rob, Flo, *,

On Mon, Dec 17, 2012 at 1:30 PM, Florian Effenberger
<floeff@documentfoundation.org> wrote:
Rob Snelders wrote on 2012-12-16 23:23:

For expanding the "Send Feedback" option in LibreOffice we added some
parameters to the link it opens. One of the parameters is locale.
But there is a bug[1] posted that using a locale that's not US then
the website doesn't load anymore.

locale is a parameter used by silverstripe - so it is a bad idea to use.

It is uses to manually switch between translations of a site - and as
you noticed creates an error when a non-existing locale is used

see
http://donate.libreoffice.org/?locale=de_DE
http://donate.libreoffice.org/?locale=he_IL
http://donate.libreoffice.org/?locale=invalid
for example.

And non-existing doesn't mean non-existing translation, but when the
locale-identifier itself is unknown to silverstripe/the zend-framework
silverstripe uses.

I tried a link[2] and then the
website doesn't load anymore.

it is "invalid" locale as described above.
correct one would be nl_NL instead of just nl:

http://www.libreoffice.org/?locale=nl_NL

correct in the sense that it is a valid locale in silverstripe's/Zends
opinion. When there is no translated page, it will hand out the
subsite's default langauge.

But when I try with the US-locale[3]
then the page works. Can this be easily solved in the website? Or
would it be better if I use another parameter-name?

If you want to keep the locale parameter, you need to make sure you're
using the ones that silverstripe likes. i.e. the long versions.

I lack the technical details on how the BSA is implemented.

This has nothing to do with the BSA itself. BSA ist just displayed
within an iframe. It is already silverstripe's zend-cache that fails
because of the invalid parameter.

Probably
Christian Lohmaier, our Silverstripe expert, knows things best here. What I
can offer from the server side is to write a mod_rewrite rule. However, this
is always the least preferred option, since it IMHO would then break some
Silverstripe functionality.

mod rewrite to change a query parameter is madness :-)

ciao
Christian