Le 2012-05-07 05:51, Christian Lohmaier a écrit :
Hi Marc,

On Mon, May 7, 2012 at 5:11 AM, Marc Paré<marc@marcpare.com>  wrote:
Le 2012-05-06 07:48, Christian Lohmaier a écrit :
On Sun, May 6, 2012 at 10:26 AM, Marc Paré<marc@marcpare.com>    wrote:

Please read the page carefully - if it reads something like "you lack
permissions to view this page, either login or<go to the published
page>", then firefox didn't clear the draft-page mode.
Klicking the "go to the publihsed page" links should solve this.
[...]
Sorry, maybe I didn't describe my problem well enough. [...]

And you still didn't answer the fundamental question.

6. log out (bottom right-hand corner "Log-out" link. on my Firefox the URL
switches to: https://www.libreoffice.org/Security/login?BackURL=%2Fadmin

So what does the login page read? Does it have a "go to the published
page" link?

Ah, I see, you don't mean the "initial login page" but the "new login page" that appears after you log off. Yes, it does have a "go to published page" link which does not appear on the initial login page.

It does clear the cookies. Would it not make more sense for SilverStripe to clear the cookies when a person logs out of the admin site? It would seem to me that if a user logs out of SilverStripe then the cookies should automatically be cleared.

In fact, the initial login page says "Please choose an authentication method and enter your credentials to access the CMS." but there are no options after this sentence ... which I have always thought was strange. There is a "Remember me next time?" option under the "Password" field if this is what that line of text is referring to, but I don't this so. Here's the image of the original login that I see[1]

When I log out, I get the same login page[1] and when I type "http://www.libreoffice.org"; in FF URL it switches to: https://www.libreoffice.org/Security/login?BackURL=%2Fadmin and shows the new login page[2] where the option shown is: "You must log in with your CMS password in order to view the draft or archived content. Click here to go back to the published site."

I'll go through this process from now on as it doesn't clear all my cookies. Note that this is the only site where my FF behaves like this, I admin a few sites of my own. I'll check again to see if there is a setting in my FF that forces it to do this.

I'm wondering if you get the same results if you follow the step in my previous post? Or is this the normal behaviour that you get with SilverStripe login-logout?

It just seems that I am left
in "https:" mode and need to clear the cache which I find inconvenient at
times.

all login stuff is forced to https, so https is irrelevant here. My
guess is still that firefox for some reason doesn't clear the "stage"
mode cookie and thus you're requesting pages from the draft site that
is restricted to logged-in users. Just using the "go to the published
page" link or appending ?Stage=live would solve the problem.
But to decide whether this is the case or not, you'd have to read or
copy'n'paste the login page.

ciao
Christian

Cheers,

Marc

[1] parentreprise.com/images/LibreOffice/LOAdminLogin.png
[2] parentreprise.com/images/LibreOffice/LOAdminLogOut.png