Le 2012-02-27 06:01, RA Schinagl a écrit :
Snooping around I noticed that 12 days after 3.5 was announced many of
the localised download pages are not up-to-date, some don't provide for
a download and some don't exist at all. In my view we should try to be a
up-to-date as possible and where this is not possible at least direct to
a general downlaod page as many of the languages do exist

- snipped the rest --

Thanks for doing this. Actually, I had done the same thing a week after the 3.5 features page was completed and had found the same thing. I was going to take this up on the marketing list as I think it is also a point of discussion on the marketing list where part of our job is the marketing of the product for all groups.

The problem is that we are not organized enough with the dev release notes and completion of the international EN website page. I completed the page too late and it coincided with the release of the 3.5 download page going live.

I believe there was talk of organizing the discussion channels so that a better timetable would be adopted that would allow the EN page to be completed earlier and then the NL groups would then be given enough time to translate the page on their respective sites before the official unveiling of the new version.

We will also need to get the names of contacts at the NL sites so that this can be better coordinated.

And, yes, I found that many sites are in need of serious updates as some sites still list the 3.3 download as the one to get and some of the other information on some sites are in need of updating.

We should try to organize help for sites where the translation is easy but where the members may be having problems posting these into their site pages.

Cheers,

Marc