On 11/28/11 5:07 PM, Christian Lohmaier wrote:
On Mon, Nov 28, 2011 at 3:56 PM, webmaster for Kracked Press
Productions<webmaster@krackedpress.com>  wrote:
Sounds like phpBB is not going to work.
Yeah... Sounds like a pain in the ass...

May I request to try JForum?

EA (Electronic Arts, the game company) uses it, so it cannot be /that/ bad....
http://forum.spore.com/ for example:
Our users have posted a total of 3,597,315 messages
We have 84,182 registered users
Most users ever online was 154,829 on 5/6/11 6:28 AM

user.services.openoffice.org/en/forum for comarison:
Total posts 202761
Total members 45746
Most users ever online was 362 on Mon Oct 17, 2011 4:30 pm"

So scalability should not be a problem for us.

Excerpt from its feature's list:
http://jforum.net/features.jsp
* support for postgresql :-)
* SEO friendly URLs - eg
http://forum.spore.com/jforum/posts/list/60904.page (also features a
poll)
* supports caching
* supports attachments
* sticky postings/announcements
* moderation support (can set complete categories/Forums to moderated
(i.e. posts appear only after approval)
* locking of threads
* moving of threads
* read-only&  reply-only forums
* default look similar enough to phpBB (also can migrate phpBB forums)
[....]

drawback: no mention of openID or similar.

But just looking at comparisons, and looking at a few with the
postgresql as a hard requirement, jForum would be the first I'd try
(yes, it's java, but so is opengrok - and opengrok just is great :-)

ciao
Christian

What about the option of developing our own using the django python web framework?

Regards

Jonathan Aquilina

Get a signature like this. <http://r1.wisestamp.com/r/landing?promo=18&dest=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.wisestamp.com%2Femail-install%3Futm_source%3Dextension%26utm_medium%3Demail%26utm_campaign%3Dpromo_18> Click here. <http://r1.wisestamp.com/r/landing?promo=18&dest=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.wisestamp.com%2Femail-install%3Futm_source%3Dextension%26utm_medium%3Demail%26utm_campaign%3Dpromo_18>