Hello Florian, all,

On Sat, Nov 5, 2011 at 23:46, Korrawit Pruegsanusak
<detective.conan.1412@gmail.com> wrote:
We need to search our websites for direct links, however.

Yes, and I already try using Pywikipediabot [1] and it found ~70 pages
that need to be edited. Also, this edit [2] is made by the bot, but
use my username as a test. So, could you please mark User:KorrawitBot
as a bot and I'll make the changes after that?

It isn't necessary now. I've almost finished cleaning them up in TDF
wiki :-) [1]
What I've done is replacing lots of hard-coded direct links to file
("cgi_img_auth.php" thinkies, currently unusable) with "Media:"
wiki-links instead, thanks pywikipediabot!
See the changes at [2] and some of the recent changes in [3] by clicking "diff".
Also, I'm sorry for the first flood of edits with changing to "File:",
which links to the landing page, not the file directly. So, I've to
change it to "Media:" to link directly, which causes the second flood
in Special:RecentChanges.

Anyway, for the bright future, let's use MediaWiki's ways to link a file:
1. If the link to a file comes from the wiki itself
  a. If you want a direct link to file: use
[[Media:file_name_here.pdf]] or
[[Media:file_name_here.pdf|text_to_show]] for piping link. MediaWiki
will automatically generate direct links for you. Please, DO NOT
hard-coded the URL which copy n' pasted from browser like this:
"http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/images/6/6b/0102GS3-SettingUpLibO.odt";.
It might cause some problems when upgrading MediaWiki, like this time
:P
  b. If you want to go to landing page (file information there): use
[[:File:file_name_here.pdf]]. Note there are two colons here. Pipe
link also available.
  c. If you want to show the image directly in a page: use
[[File:file_name_here.png]] (one colon) or some other options from [4]
2. If the link to a file comes from outside the wiki
  I don't know how this could be safely done without hard-coding. So,
I would suggest using "File:file_name" method. For example,
http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/File:0102GS3-SettingUpLibO.odt
This will take you to the landing page, but it's safe when upgrading.
Although users might get confused.
  So, using copy n' paste direct link might be better in some cases,
such as documentation page [5] ;) This method needs some love when
upgrading MediaWiki.

I'm not sure if this list is suitable for annoucing something like
this, but anyway ... :D
Any suggestions or comments are appreciated.

[1] Three more lower-priority tasks here, if I have more time or more
helping hands :-)
 I. Two pages which I'm not sure whether I would change them or not:
   a. http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Gallery_Buttons/Conference
   b. http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Gallery_Buttons/Marketing/ConfCalls/17-Nov-2010-irclog
 II. Hard-coded direct links to files after the upgrade, which is
currently usable, such as
http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/images/6/6b/0102GS3-SettingUpLibO.odt
 III. Hard-coded direct links to files in OpenOffice.org wiki
[2] http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Special:Contributions/KorrawitBot
[3] http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Special:Contributions/Korrawit
[4] http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Help:Images
[5] http://www.libreoffice.org/get-help/documentation/