On 10/10/2011 06:16 PM, drew wrote:

krackedpress wrote:
http://libreoffice-na.us/English-3.4-installs/dictionary.html

You can remove the French dictionaries and Grammalecte from your list
(except for the Correcteur terminologique français). I’m the author of these
extensions and there has been no need to handle them for me. Thank you
anyway.
OH - so these are not free for people to distribute then? I mean that is
your right to say of course, just being sure that is what you mean.

Thanks

drew

Actually there are at least 9 or 10 people on the list of contributers to the French .oxt files with the following licenses listed as well.

  Licences :
   * MPL : Mozilla Public License
     version 1.1 ou supérieure  --  http://www.mozilla.org/MPL/MPL-1.1.html
   * GPL : GNU General Public License
version 2.0 ou supérieure -- http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-2.0.html
   * LGPL : GNU Lesser General Public License
version 2.1 ou supérieure -- http://www.gnu.org/licenses/lgpl-2.1.html

NOW
if you are one of the people listed, do all of them want the files removed from the NA-DVD and all of the projects being created around the world? Also, if we cannot distributed these files, then you better have a URL for those who want it from you and a mailing address for people to order [freely] a CD with the files from you for those who do not have the net, such as businesses, governments offices [local to me], the schools, etc., etc., etc.. Then you will also need to also ask all the Linux distros around the world to no longer distribute the French language files as well.

I take no ownership of the files, I just distribute the DVDs for free. I buy the media. I print the DVD on my DVD printing inkjet. I burn the DVDs. I buy the DVD style cases. I print the inserts. Then I give these away to businesses, local government offices, school students and their parents, and anyone else that would want to try LibreOffice. I used my limited, fixed, income to buy the supplies and give them away. I have made almost 100 of these so far. No money given to me for this service. I also paid the shipping cost to send a copy of 3.3.x and 3.4.x DVDs to a guy in the European Union, since he wanted to base the DVD for his region on the English version of the NA-DVD. That was not cheap. But I have done all of this for free. Do you want to take over my job and send everyone I have given a DVD to one you make with "your" French .oxt files that are MPL, GPL, and LGPL? Do you want me to supply you a list? I am in New York State. How much will 100 CDs cost to burn, print labels on them, and mail them all to the 3 counties I have given out DVDs to? Should I send them your email address for they can order a copy from you?

Maybe I should just look into making my own French .oxt files from files that have General Public Licenses and "promote them" as Kracked French dictionary files for LibreOffice and any other package that use .oxt dictionary files. I can do that according to what I know about the licenses used. I created an English one with the most up-to-date word lists I could come up with, and I "fixed" a problem with a Bulgarian dictionary .oxt file. I have not issue with making a French one if needed to serve the users I distribute my DVDs to.