On Mon, 2011-09-26 at 10:00 -0700, Olivier R. wrote:
Hello,

drewjensen wrote:

So - there are 2 ways to turn off the ads.

- Money
- Barter

Adblock. Geeks usually use it.

Right - straw man argument IMO - geeks are not who concern me with
regards to this particular tool, to be frank.

drewjensen wrote:

Finally - I suppose the other option is to stop using Nabble..and if
anyone thinks that is the right course of action, now is a good time to
bring it up?

You should ask how many people have subscribed  to mailing-lists without
receiving any mails. I already saw the statistics few months ago on one of
these mailing-lists.

Right, last time I saw stats thee were a few hundred people subscribed
with the no-mail option - but it is a different situation really.

There is very little posting via nabble and I don't really expect that
to change, but there are some. It appears to be that more and more
people are reading via the interface and using the built in search
function.

For instance I am interested in why the FR and JA announce list was so
much more active then in the other languages, I don't really know why.

Some folks seem to like viewing the Announce list as a type of blog
almost, if you haven't looked at that you can see the page here:
http://nabble.documentfoundation.org/Announcements-and-Press-Releases-f1829011.html

I tend to use the RSS syndication - particularly the ability to
aggregate topic/post activity from multiple ML to a single feed

- also, Google+ [+1], Facebook and Twitter buttons where added to the
topic pages and I've started to use these.

But for myself the primary tool is my email client...it's really just
about choice IMO.

Best wishes,

//drew