Hello,

2011/9/11 Florian Effenberger <floeff@documentfoundation.org>

Hi,

e-letter wrote on 2011-09-11 10:54:

 Following discussion on the users mailing list (search subject field
above and posts 'Should LibreOffice even support Microsoft secret
formats?' 10-09-2011; 'ignore m$ legacy?' 20-07-2011, it is requested
to create a mailing list for users who are_not_  interested in
compatibility other software, but the primary concern being superior
behaviour of LO in creating odf documents.

users that want to create documents primarily in the native odf.

I don't see a real need for this list. The users list is about using
LibreOffice, including all its features and functions. Of course, the
primary focus is on ODF, as ODF is our primary document format - having a
second list will only split the knowledge and lead to more confusion.

Ditto here, but perhaps another way to answer this or to accommodate people
who feel special focus should be given to document fidelity (in many cases I
can sympathize with these concerns) is not opening a mailing list, but
encouraging them to contribute patches, bug reports and bug fixes or, at the
OASIS consortium level, to join the standards development work. A mailing
list would be just that, one more place to talk, and I think we have enough
mailing lists for the moment...

best,
Charles.

Just my two cents, happy to hear other thoughts...

Florian

Tel: +49 8341 99660880 | Mobile: +49 151 14424108

deleted