On 07/04/2011 03:51 PM, Andreas Mantke wrote:
Hi all,

I try to give an update about the current status of the LibreOffice extension and
template website.

I have reworked a product for the Plone instance (Plone Software Center) with the
help of a Plone developer (Elizabeth Leddy). She changed some fields inside the PSC
so that we can customize them. We have an overview page for all (software)projects
inside the extensions and the template part of the website. We can set the tags for
categories and choose the licenses we want to provide.

I created a special option for Linux-x64 because I know that extensions must be
created especially for this environment.
I do remember seeing extensions that are system specific.
Some were Windows only, while others were created with one extension for each OS.

The "must" be created for Linux-x64 is a wonder for me. I run many extensions on my Ubuntu 64-bit desktop, but only a few are specific to Linux or Linux-x64. So why must there be a different extension for Linux-x64 than for the rest of the OSs?

Today I installed a new add-on that supports a blobstorage for the PSC, but I get an
issue with it. I had to examine this problem and find a solution with the help of the
Plone community. If we can activate a blobstorage for the PSC all the binary files
will be stored in the filesystem. Thus the database of the Plone instance will not
blow up and slow the instance down (in the future, when there are many extension and
template files uploaded). It makes is also very easy to scan the uploaded files for
virus.

Regards,
Andreas