On Sat, 2011-06-25 at 11:10 +0200, Christian Lohmaier wrote:
Hi Drew, *,

On Sat, Jun 25, 2011 at 4:06 AM, drew <drew@baseanswers.com> wrote:
On Fri, 2011-06-24 at 21:03 -0400, webmaster for Kracked Press
Productions wrote:
<snip>

Why the vertical navigation instead of the horizontal second or third
ones like both LO.org site and the wiki site.

Different theme..

Yes, the LibreOffice-Box theme was based on the initial TDF-Theme,
that page at the time did not have any subpages, so the left-hand
navigation was added to have /some/ way of having subpages.
But of course you're free to create your own theme.

I just chanted that - Look at the site right now:
http://dvd.north-america.libreofficebox.org

With that theme, you can use the "Fullwidth" checkbox to hide the left
navigation.

Cool - didn't realize that.

Right - I tend to agree, so maybe we need to make our own theme, again,

again?

Doesn't matter.

or just convince others to let us

Sorry - left off the last couple of words - again doesn't matter at this
point.

See http://doc.silverstripe.org for documentation about the template format.

thanks - Got it - also registered at their forum now.

[...]
Also I was wondering how the "system" would compensate for all the
shared folders and links so the files will be properly located on the
ISO of the DVD?

The CMS exports the rendered html pages.
A script then extracts all links to assets from those files and
creates a list of files that then are copied along with the html. So
only what is referenced from the html pages will be copied, the rest
will not be included.

Excellent - that was the concern I was having.

The script adds some additional stuff related to the browser that is
launched when using the DVD on Windows (Kmelon browser, and the
launchers to install LO directly)

hmm - didn't know about that. well, I knew the German team used that but
didn't realize it would come along with the tooling. If we continue the
path we are on with the NA disc space is going to be at a premium - IF
we ask for that not to be included (I'm not asking to remove it here)
would that be a big problem?

[...]
Right and it appears to me that they also did not use the CMS to produce
the .iso, only for distribution, so far.

No,

Sorry - my fault for using a pronoun - I meant the Brasilian team did
not appear to have used the CMS to produce the pt-br .iso image.

Thanks again for your support,

//drew