Hi there,

        I still couldn't find your mail anywhere - which sucks, so I cut/pasted
from IRC, you suggested it'd be ok to CC the list - so I did that
too :-)

I have prepared the "3.4 New Features and Fixes" webpage and just
 need someone to take a look at it.

        I did that - it is awesome :-) you've done a simply fantastic job !
thanks for taking that burden away, you rock.

The reason I write off-list is that I am not sure how this is usually
done as the webpage is not published on the active website. So the
only  way to see the webpage is to log into the Silverstripe and to
check out  the page. This has been my first time involved in this and
I now know a  lot more on how to better organize the next time.

        Right - I think perhaps we need to get less paranoid about that, and
make the page public, to help others translate it etc. but simply not
link it directly from the front-page (how does that sound) ?

        It'd be great if someone could do that.

Here are some of the issues left:

* when will 3.4 be released ? We can make the page public at the same
time. Is it set for Wednesday ? Sorry, I ran short of time and could
not  get it ready earlier. I can be involved on the next version
update and  will get it out earlier and coordinate with the
translation teams better  now that I have gone through the process
once.

        Fantastic :-) the release is scheduled for tomorrow - Wed (or perhaps
Thursday) if we need another day.

the webpage title is too long and does not fit on the menu bar
correctly. If we want to have 2 webpages comparing v.3.3.1 (this is
the  webpage we have on the site) and v.3.4, we will have to shorten
the  webpage titles. I would suggest "3.4 Features" and "3.3.1
Features" and  these should be placed side by side to enable members
to toggle from one  version to the next. (At least this is what I
understood we wanted to  have as per our la

        Sounds fine to me :-) We should prolly link to the other one with some
"And lots more distinctive features from 3.3" at the bottom (or
something).

could someone check out the webpage and comment on it? It is similar
to the last "New Features and Fixes" webpage but I tweaked the format
a  little. If you like the format on the new webpage, I will fix the
3.3.1  page format to match the 3.4 webpage format.

        I love it at least :-) though I like the highlight features in a
smaller table at the top (I think that was more helpful when we suddenly
had lots of them for 3.3.x since they were all merged in quickly).

* we still need to get this page to the translation teams. I am not
sure  how to do this if the page is not published. I imagine, whoever
does the  translation will do it from the unpublished page. I will
make sure there  is more time to do this next time.

        I guess publishing it helps; I guess Andras / Sophie could prolly start
to help co-ordinate that on the l10n list.

Note: If you think this should go to the list, then feel free to
post it  there.

        I guess it is here :-)

        So - summary, this is wonderful - you start to get me excited about the
release - which is good :-) hopefully that spreads the excitement around
in time for our release ...

        Thanks again !

                Michael.